[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior front end developer role

Mazz Mosley mazz at livestax.com
Tue Apr 12 06:00:12 PDT 2016

We're looking for a senior front end developer[1].

# The product

Livestax is a platform which allows small, simple web applications to
connect separate pieces of data and communicate with each other. The data
is typically locked into old enterprise legacy systems without a web
interface. Livestax allows you to consume, view and manipulate this data
through an API and be displayed all in one customisable view. A demo we
built for HS2 can be seen here[2].
Livestax is operating as a startup with considerable private funding in the
bank.

# The role

Livestax is a Rails application with an Angular front end. We want to move
away from Angular and replace it with a simpler Rails (plus JavaScript)
front end.
As the senior front end developer you will be responsible for keeping the
front end of the Livestax application fast, stable and performant. You will
be working closely with the lead developer and have additional support from
the product owner.

A few of the immediate things you will be working on are: simplifying the
stack, improving the mobile experience and developing components for the
theme library Livestax provides.

# Office location

We are in the Print Rooms in Southwark, within easy walking distance to
Borough Market, Tate Modern, Waterloo and London Bridge stations. The
office is bright, we've got great chairs, good coffee and tea, secure bike
parking and showers in the building.

# The details

This is a permanent full time role with a salary of 50k-60k depending on
experience. There is also a very good list of benefits. People from under
represented groups are encouraged to apply.

If this sounds of interest and you'd like to apply please submit a cover
letter and CV to hello at livestax.com. Our interview process is human
friendly and does not contain any
reverse-a-list-in-place-algorithm-binary-tree-tests-at-the-whiteboard
shenanigans.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me off list at
mazz at livestax.com and I'd be happy to answer them as best I can.

Mazz

ps. We are also looking for a less senior frontend developer[3].

[1] https://livestax.com/vacancies/senior-front-end-developer/
[2] http://sandbox.livestax.com/hs2/welcome/health-and-safety
[3] https://livestax.com/vacancies/front-end-developer/