[LRUG] [COURSES] Kickstart your developer career

Najaf Ali ali at happybearsoftware.com
Fri Apr 15 05:44:54 PDT 2016

Good afternoon everyone,

Some time ago I hosted an evening workshop with codebar about starting a
career as a developer that appears to have been well-received. I also give
a similar presentation to Makers Academy students and have had people who
saw it giving me good feedback about it at the pub after LRUG a few times.

I'm running it as an evening seminar on May 10th in central London. Tickets
cost £25 (enough to cover venue with a bit of change), with 12 on public
release and 4 seats reserved for codebar students.

Here are some nice things that people have said about this material:

*“Thank you Ali for such an invigorating talk that demystified the big
scary topic of building a developer career. It definitely helps to have
such practical and useful tips to navigate the painful process of starting
out not knowing where to put your feet.”*
*- Amy Yang - @aycyang <https://twitter.com/AycYang>, quote from a blog
post about the presentation
<https://mongolianprincess.net/2015/11/11/week-5-day-25-kick-start-your-developer-career/>.
*

*“Ali gave a talk at Makers Academy on how to start a successful career.
This presentation was rated as the most useful guest talk ever at Makers
Academy.”*

*- Evgeny Shadchnev - @shadchnev <https://twitter.com/shadchnev> ,
Co-founder of Makers Academy <http://www.makersacademy.com/>*

*“I wouldn’t have had the courage to get my first job as a developer
without going to this talk. There are so many things I hadn’t thought of,
like what I want from an employer, how to approach salary negotiation and
of course the all-important tech stack.”*

*- Olu Niyi-Awosusi - @oluoluoxenfree <https://twitter.com/oluoluoxenfree>*

You can find more information about the event and buy tickets here:
https://ti.to/kickstart-your-developer-career/kydc-evening-workshop-may-2016

If you have any questions feel free to let me know on or off list as you
see fit.

Thanks,

-Ali, https://happybearsoftware.com