[LRUG] 10 minute slot at Sept meeting

John Cinnamond jc at panagile.com
Wed Aug 10 11:13:27 PDT 2016

Ten minute talks are the best! I’m totes up for helping/cajoling/mentoring anyone who is interested in giving their first talk. Get in touch if you’re interested, even if you don’t know what you want to talk about.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 at 16:35 Murray Steele

<
mailto:Murray Steele <murray.steele at lrug.org>
> wrote:

a, pre, code, a:link, body { word-wrap: break-word !important; }

Hi all,

There’s a 10 minute slot available at our September meeting on Monday 12th September.  If you’d like to fill that slot then get in touch and we’ll sort it out.

I’ve got a handful of people who have submitted talks for future meetings, but none of them are for the short 10 minute slot so it’s likely this situation will crop up again.  If you think you could fill 10 minutes, but not in September, then consider getting in touch anyway - we’ll be able to fit you in as soon as we can.

In the event of multiple folk submitting we have a preference for new speakers over folk who’ve spoken before.  We’ll get round to everyone eventually, though so please do volunteer!  That said, if you have spoken before and have a good idea for a short talk why not share it with someone who hasn’t spoken before and offer to help them prepare and rehearse?

Cheers,

Murray

Archives:
http://lists.lrug.org/pipermail/chat-lrug.org