[LRUG] [OT] Someone is signed up via an support / ticket service

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Feb 8 08:59:34 PST 2016

Hi all,

It seems that someone has signed up to this list using an email address
that is hooked up to an support ticket service.  What this means is that
everyone who sends a mail to our list gets an automated response from
donotreply at secureserver.net saying:

Your inquiry has been received, You should expect a response within 72
> hours.
> This is your Incident ID: 28663324
> Thanks,
> Customer Service

I’ve checked the list member database and it doesn’t look like anyone is
signed up with a secureserver.net email, but I think it’s a godaddy service
so it could be *any* domain.  There doesn’t appear to be anything in the
mail headers that explain who the original recipient was either.

Anyone got any ideas how we might track this down?  Someone has already
suggested that we brute-force it by sending an email to every member and
checking the responses - but there’s got to be a better way (particularly
as there are ~1500 members to go through and I’d have to pause between each
to wait for the response).

Cheers,

Murray