[LRUG] [JOBS] Mid-level Ruby/Rails - permanent role

Tim Robertson timrobertson0122 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 02:54:43 PST 2016

*No Agencies/Recruiters please :)*

Hi all,

At Populi, we're looking for an experienced Ruby developer to join our
team. We're working on several different projects in the tourism
sector, and you would be able to participate in full-stack development
across a variety of applications.

We are primarily a Ruby shop, so most of the server-side development
will be in Ruby on Rails. *We require at least 2 years of experience
working with Rails applications.*

We use a pretty standard stack: - Ruby - Postgresql - Memcached - Puma
- Nginx - Haml/Slim template engines. and we use Linux  on our
servers.

We will also do front-end development as we're developing mobile
applications based on the HTML5 stack. This may include front-end
frameworks like Ember or React depending on the situation. Javascript
knowledge is a plus.

Tasks will include:

* development of brand new features/products
* bug fixes/tickets
* creating prototypes to explore new solutions and products
* writing and maintaining automated tests

Joining our company would be a good opportunity for someone who likes
working on fun projects and technologies, and who is willing to
experiment and learn. You'd be joining a small but ambitious team of
Ruby/mobile devs and an in-house designer. We're not a start-up.

We'd really like to find someone who embraces the project and wants to
grow with us, for a long-term relationship.

We are always open to new tech and have a particular interest in the
Elixir language, which we may use in the future.

The role is full-time and would be based in our Wood Green office,
salary competitive.

*Interested?  drop us a line at jobs at populi.io <jobs at populi.io>*

Thanks,

Tim