[LRUG] [JOBS] Rails (Ember) developer at AssessUp Ltd

Lionel Viet lionel.viet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 04:55:51 PST 2016

*Looking for a more meaningful job?Help us bring meritocracy to corporate
hiring.*

Hi all,

I'm looking for a strong Rails (Ember) developer to join our early-stage
startup.

The position is in-between a developer and a co-founder one, as the
platform is already built (though we need to improve it) but not launched
yet, and you would be paid from day one with part of the remuneration being
equity in the company.

*COMPANY:*
AssessUp.com <https://www.assessup.com> is the first unbiased platform
to *detect
and promote talented professionals*.

We provide individual users with a freemium online application to:

   - Give confidential professional reviews on people they have worked with
   (while respecting everyone's privacy).

   - Get their skills validated by others and their profile picked up by
   recruiters.

   - Discover the reviews given on existing or potential colleagues who are
   using the website.

We crowdsource the questions creation while avoiding any personal or
defamatory comment, so that we are able to create customized, nuanced and
relevant questionnaires for every profile.

We offer our corporate customers a disruptive recruitment tool where only
checked and vetted professionals are selected.

In addition, we will sell software as a service to companies for their
employee performance assessment needs, leveraging our technology,
algorithms and database of questions (Performance Management System).

*POSITION:*

Initially a solo project of a trader escaped from the City, AssessUp.com
<https://www.assessup.com> is now online in its Alpha version. As a Rails /
Ember developer, you will join a team composed of at least one business
developer and the original founder (technical background). This is a
complex and ambitious project:

   -

   Intensive use of hashing & encryption
   <https://www.assessup.com/public/technology> (passwords, private keys
   locally for hiding name & identities) for legal and security purposes.
   -

   Offline mode (Ember-data with two stores).
   -

   Points, levels, grades, reputation, tags everywhere, crowdsourced and
   customized assessment questionnaires based on profiles' tags.

The website is already built with all the main features, hopefully using a
well-structured code. We now need to improve, consolidate, optimize,
refactor, test it.. and launch it.

*The current stack is:*

*Back end:* Rails 4, PostgreSQL + Redis, Resque, ActionController::Live /
short polling, cloudfront / S3, Heroku hosting, git.

*Front end:* Ember 1.13 + Ember Data with offline mode (two stores),
Bootstrap 3, crossfilter.js + a bit of d3.js (more to come).

*We would like you to bring at least some of those skills:*

Proficiency with Rails, + design / UX skills, growth hacking, experience
with job boards, experience with developing APIs for third parties, Resque
/ Sidekiq, Rails' Action Cable or other WebSockets, SEO, mailers, payment
systems, web apps in WebView, code optimization and testing, testing,
testing..

The position is mostly focused on the Rails API, but an experience working
with Ember would be a plus: Ember 2.0, Ember Data, web workers for Ember
Data serializations, Ember for mobile, pdf.js..

Our collaboration would start by working for some weeks on a predefined set
of tasks to familiarize yourself with the project (with equity + cash
compensation), followed by a meaningful cash + equity package.

We are an early stage startup, and although we should be able to pay you a
competitive salary, we are aiming for someone as passionate about the
project as we are, a strong and sharp profile, focused, hard-worker and
independent, dedicated to the project and able in the future to manage
their own team. Remote is possible, better to be able to travel regularly
to (West) London. Full-time position.

This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious project right before its
release. We are a lean startup with a disruptive business model, a unique
technological advantage embedded in the current platform, and a potential
for strong and diverse revenue sources.

Please send you application to contact at assessup.com.

Thanks!