[LRUG] The puzzling phenomenon of the Rails dev who hardly knows Ruby

George Good georgegood69 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:12:30 PDT 2016

Do you need to use anything other than Rails and the examples it shows you,
or do you need to craft reusable, well written, object orientated code?
Some people never need to dive that deep.

Personally my Ruby is probably my weakest skill but having built OO code in
various languages, at least I can fall back to using the correct patterns,
and good code structure, even if I'm not using the most efficient Ruby.