[LRUG] MacBook for Ruby dev work

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Mon Jul 18 16:05:09 PDT 2016

Note that a MacBook is not the same as an Air. The former has a 1.1GHz Core
M processor and the Air has a 2.7GHz Core i5/i7. They have pretty different
performance characteristics.

Neither model will take more than 8GB which is another consideration versus
the 16GB possible with the MB Pro.

Definitely worth getting your hands on whatever you are interested in and
seeing if it meets your needs!