[LRUG] [JOBS] Full-stack developer (Rails) at spoke.law

Barry Pace barry.pace at spoke.law
Thu Jun 2 04:15:34 PDT 2016

Hi LRUG,

(no agencies please)

Interested in a 6 month(ish) contract at a small, autonomous,
cross-disciplinary product team on the north side of London Bridge?

As the first full-stack developer to join our team, you will be responsible
for driving the quality and consistency of back-end development. You will
also be responsible for the smooth running and performance of our
application, as well as supporting front-end development.

We are just at the start of our journey and transitioning the technical
ownership and technical decision-making in house from a dev agency. We
would like someone who will be involved in the details of the transition
and feel ownership during their time here.

Front-end: HTML, Sass/CSS, CoffeeScript/JS
Backend: Ruby 2, Ruby on Rails 4.2, TDD using RSpec / Capybara
Datastore: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch

This hasn’t been posted elsewhere yet so if your interested please get in
touch and I’ll send you over a more detailed spec.

Thanks!
Barry
-
barry.pace at spoke.law (product manager)
@pace

—

ABOUT SPOKE
Spoke is a platform for talented legal professionals to connect and work
flexibly with the organisations that need them. We are a small, autonomous,
cross-disciplinary product team working with – and owned by – the market
leaders and well known innovators in this space.

We value:
- People over process
- Fostering a healthy, open working environment
- Data-informed decision making
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Shared knowledge and understanding
- Responding to change over following a plan
- Validated learning as a measure of progress