[LRUG] [JOBS] Experienced Ruby developer looking for contract work

Oliver Legg olly at 51degrees.net
Mon Jun 13 06:37:10 PDT 2016

Hello,

I’ve just arrived back in London, after working for AWS EC2 in Cape Town. I’m a backend developer with 10 years experience building applications in Ruby / Rails. Previously I worked at New Bamboo (now thoughtbot) on a wide variety of projects.

I could help you with a number of things, including:

* Create web applications with Ruby / Rails.
* Advise on, and implement, an appropriate approach to ‘microservices’, using the right tools for the job.
* Integrate search into your application with ElasticSearch.
* Smooth your deployment process by adopting balanced continuous integration & continuous deployment practices.
* Coach & mentor your development team, working & pairing alongside them.

We’ll work well together if you and your team:

* Value sustainable development, with reasonably high levels of quality.
* Believe that we’ll discover & learn while developing bespoke software, using that information to build better products.

I’m available from 27th June. If it sounds like we could work together please get in touch. Here’s my full CV: https://www.51degrees.net/CV <https://www.51degrees.net/CV>.pdf

I’ll also be at LRUG tonight, if you want to chat.

Cheers, Olly

https://www.51degrees.net