[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby Developer Survival International

Keir Osborn ko at survivalinternational.org
Mon Jun 27 10:09:05 PDT 2016

One of the most exciting human rights charities around needs a Ruby
developer.

Survival is the leading organisation supporting tribal peoples around the
world. We're radical, uncompromising in our belief that tribal peoples
should be able to take their rightful place in the 21st Century, and
innovative in our use of technology. Our website is a vital campaigning
tool, and we're now looking for an experienced Ruby developer to drive its
evolution in the years ahead.

- You need to be highly familiar with Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS and
Javascript, which Survival uses across its web platform.

- Experience of SCRUM/ AGILE project management is an advantage, as is
experience of working with legacy code.

An absolute commitment to Survival’s aims and objectives is essential, as
is a willingness to help out with all aspects of Survival’s work. Our
website is a vital part of our campaigning, so your work will be central to
all aspects of Survival’s mission. This is a unique opportunity to be at
the heart of one of the most exciting campaigning organisations around; it
is not just a job.

Salary £30-35,000, depending on experience.

To apply, send your CV, and a cover letter explaining why you are the right
person for the job to rubydeveloper at survivalinternational.org, by 22 July.

- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday, full time (10am - 6pm)
- Contract: 12 months (renewable), with a 6-month probationary period.
- Location: Survival's London head office.

Skills & Requirements: Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS and Javascript

Experience of SCRUM/ AGILE project management an advantage

About Survival International

We are Survival International, the global movement for tribal peoples’
rights. We’re the only organization that champions tribal peoples around
the world. We help them defend their lives, protect their lands and
determine their own futures.

Thanks,

--
Keir Osborn
Web Developer

*Survival International*
The global movement for tribal peoples' rights

6 Charterhouse Buildings, London EC1M 7ET, United Kingdom | +44 (0)20 7687
8700
2325 3rd Street, Suite 401, San Francisco, CA94107, United States | +1
415-503-1254
www.survivalinternational.org