[LRUG] [JOBS] Wanted. Developer at Cucumber WiFi

Simon Morley simon at polkaspots.com
Tue Jun 28 01:25:48 PDT 2016

Hello

We're a small, growing WiFi startup based in Shoreditch. We've built a
management platform for WiFi networks and IoT devices.

We currently need someone for 3 months+ to blast through a project we're
working on with a vendor in Europe.

Longer-term, if you like it here and want something permanent, we should be
good to go.

What would you be doing? Ruby (Rails) and Angular mainly. Working next to
myself and one other dev (we're 2 devs, 1 admin and 1 support).

The back-end API servers are all Ruby... They need some lovin' and we have
some interesting features to build in before September.

There's a pile of Go in the mix too but you don't need to worry about that
yet. The front is all AngularJS, and has just been open-sourced. You'll
need experience with that obvs.

We're probably typical of a start-up - build first, worry later, all
hands-on deck mentality. Right now it's about getting the product out
there. There's a healthy mix of tech involved - Kubernetes, BigQuery, AMQP,
MQTT, Mongo, MySQL, Influx, AppEngine, Heroku, ES bla bla bla. There's
plenty to learn from. And there's quite a lot of pressure to get things
done.

We're in a co-working space with plenty of other interesting folk around.
Happy to embrace remote working although you'll need to be in London with
us for the first stretch.

The salary is £30-40k depending on experience. You should be bright,
interested (interesting) and ready to go from day one.

Drop me a line with your credentials if you're interested. Or if you know
someone who needs this!

And yes, *no recruiters please* and thank you.

Simon Morley

Big Chief | Cucumber Tony

Got an unlicensed Meraki? Set it free with Cucumber
cucumberwifi.io/meraki