[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior Engineer at FreeAgent (Edinburgh, UK Remote)

Olly Headey olly at freeagent.com
Tue Mar 1 06:48:57 PST 2016

Hi everyone

We have a new vacancy for a senior engineer to come and join the FreeAgent
product development team. If you're not aware of FreeAgent, we help
freelancers and micro-businesses take control of their company finances. We
have an award-winning, online accounting product that offers full
end-to-end compliance, from time tracking to tax return filing. We're based
in a lovely 11,000 sq/ft office in central Edinburgh with commanding views
across the city. Customers love the product and our engineers get to work
on a product that really makes a difference to small businesses, as well as
experiencing a broad range of modern web technologies (Our current stack is
Ruby/Rails, Javascript, React.js, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch).

The person we're looking for will be very experienced in commercial web app
development. We use Ruby on Rails, but we'd still love to talk to people
who build big web apps using other languages and frameworks. We'd also like
to find someone who has strong skills in domain modelling and system
design, but who also has a pragmatic approach to problem solving –
understanding the business need as well as technical needs.

We'd love it if the person could be in the office to mentor our less
experienced staff and we offer a generous relocation package, but I
appreciate a lot of people can't relocate so we are open to remote if
you're based in the UK.

Full details are on our website:
http://www.freeagent.com/company/jobs/senior-software-engineer. Feel free
to email me directly with questions etc if you like.

Cheers,
Olly

--

*Olly Headey*