[LRUG] Initial migration for new Rails 4 project using existing postgres db

Jon Wood jon at ninjagiraffes.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 03:06:48 PDT 2016

If you've got things like views that need handling as well your best bet is
probably Andrew's recommendation of setting the schema format to SQL - once
you're building views you've lost the benefit of being able to migrate
database engines anyway so there's no real benefit to translating all the
SQL into Ruby.

Once you've done that it should just be a case of creating the
schema_migrations table, and then writing migrations for any future changes
you want to make.