[LRUG] Identity services

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Wed May 11 13:51:36 PDT 2016

> On 11 May 2016, at 21:43, Andrew Premdas <apremdas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey there,
>
> We need some way of knowing that people who register to use our service are who they say they are. This needs to go a bit further than email address confirmation. Has anyone done any of this stuff, or perhaps used some service that does this for you. Looking for a Stripe for ID :)

If you’re prepared to pay for each check, you can use services like GB group ID3Global, http://www.gbgplc.com/uk/products/gbg-id3global/. I used to use this when it was called URU and it can confirm addresses and date of births based on other address and DoB sources. Obviously, if the person in question has gone to some effort to lay down a false trail, it won’t help but it defeats casual efforts.

Regards,
Mark