[LRUG] Resources for speakers

jc at panagile.com jc at panagile.com
Wed Nov 23 09:01:01 PST 2016

Hello lovely lruggers,

LRUG is a great place to speak so to encourage even more new speakers -- and perhaps with half a nod to February’s lightning talks meetup -- I added some speaker resources to readme.lrug. I included a couple of pages I’ve used before, and one guide for new speakers that I hadn’t read before but that looked interesting.

http://readme.lrug.org/#resources-for-speakers

This is all lovely, but there are lots of guides for speakers out there. Has anyone got any suggestions they think would be worth adding here? For example, I don’t know of any vidoes about speaking that I would recommend (although I’ve watched a few that I wouldn’t as they tend toward making you sound like a corporate robot). Perhaps we could make readme.lrug a great resource for speakers both new and experienced.

If you’re interested in speaking, I also recommend subscribing to the Technically Speaking newsletter. I usually find at least one gem in each one: https://tinyletter.com/techspeak