[LRUG] [JOBS] Open Food Network UK looking for developers

Steve Pettitt spettitt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 05:24:02 PDT 2016

Hi LRUG,

The Open Food Network is an international project to change the way food is
distributed, by enabling communities to organise local buying and selling
of food. This is all based on an open source software platform, built on
Rails (Spree). The project originated in Australia and a UK instance went
live earlier this year.

We have some grant funding to develop and adapt the platform for the UK. We
are looking for people with Rails experience to help at various levels of
the project, from i18n and bug fixes through to developing features
requested by UK users. It would suit people looking for casual remote work
- it's not full-time and you need to be relatively independent as help is
not instantly available due to timezones and day jobs. The work can be done
in your own time; the only specific commitment is a Skype call every two
weeks with the Australian team.

I started on the project with fairly basic, hobby-project, Rails experience
about a year ago and it's been a great opportunity to learn more, work on a
big production Rails/Angular app, get mentored by experienced developers
and build up a github profile of open source contributions.

Please email me back if interested, or come and find me at the meeting
tonight.

Steve

spettitt at gmail.com

More info: