[LRUG] blackgirl.tech birthday

damilola odelola damzcodes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 07:03:58 PDT 2016

Thanks Luke & Olly!

Hey James, & anyone else who doesn't know what blackgirl.tech is, we're an
organisation who aim to help alleviate tech's diversity & inclusion
problem. We host workshops, a blog (which you hit) & a new podcast called
Lost in the Source: soundcloud.com/blackgirltech.

Next year we'll be having monthly workshops (thanks to Twitter & Moo) on
various topics, we have one on VR in Feb & we're partnering with TRiBE (
thisismytribe.org) to lead one on salary negotiations. If anyone would like
to lead or volunteer for a workshop you can email blackgirl.tech at gmail.com.

We do have a website to be launched on our birthday so, don't worry we'll
be easier to find.

If you'd like more information on what we do, I'm available to do learning
lunches. I've done learning lunches & lighting talks for Lost My Name, 38
Degrees, DIY Tech Day & some others. So do get in touch.

I hope to see you at our birthday party: bgt-bday.eventbrite.com

Kindly,
Lola