[LRUG] [JOBS] Make money fair & simple at Zopa

Marie Steinthaler Marie at zopa.com
Wed Sep 28 07:34:33 PDT 2016

Hello there LRUG

I shared details of our Ruby roles in the past and the response from LRUG was awesome (including the first hire for my team ☺). We're now hiring for a Ruby developer who can be the go-to developer for the entire stack of Ruby on Rails in our customer-facing Borrowers team.

We work in cross-functional ‘tribes’ so this will suit smart, talented, creative developers.

We’re the world’s first and Europe’s largest peer-to-peer lender, so if you’re interested in making money fair for consumers, joining one of London’s most promising high growth companies, and working in a super smart and creative technology team, we’d love to hear from you.

Team Zopa

*** About our technology team ***

We are a team of designers, front end developers, backend developers, researchers and product managers, collaborating with each other and our product owners and data scientists. We work on small and big projects, from simple but effective improvements to the core Zopa platform to new product launches. We ship every day and even big projects get released quickly, small bit by small bit.

We are extremely proud of the culture we nurture at Zopa. We often like to pair, especially for complex problems, and all of us care hugely about the good quality of our work. We believe in the benefits of collaboration and shared ownership. We’re also passionate about open-source technology which we will continue to employ where possible.

The Zopa platform can be divided up into a number of layers. Our presentation/customer facing layer is mostly written in Ruby (Sinatra) and our back end in .NET, SQL and Python – but we use the right technology for the job.

Joel Test Score: 10 out of 12

*** More about Zopa ***

We started the peer-to-peer lending industry in 2005, and are the largest peer-to-peer lending company in Europe. By delivering better value than traditional banks, we are radically transforming the way consumers borrow and save money. More than 57,000 people have lent over £1.6 billion through Zopa to over 120,000 borrowers.

In the last 15 months our growth has exploded (happy to tell you more about how we achieved this!) and we’ve got big plans for the future. In 2016 we expect to facilitate over £500m in peer-to-peer loans and in the future, we plan to invest significantly in our brand, so you’ll likely have heard of Zopa by the middle of 2017.

We're venture-backed to the tune of £35m, disbursing about £60m in loans per month (i.e. making significant revenue), and have a rapidly growing team who draw experience from a range of industries.

Even more info on https://zopa.recruitee.com/o/ruby-developer and http://careers.stackoverflow.com/company/Zopa – thanks for reading all the way down here.

Thanks, and have a great week!

Marie

---
Marie Steinthaler
Head of Strategic Expansion
+44 789 1009 543

[cid:image001.png at 01D2199D.CF2E65D0][Zopa.com, established 2004]<http://www.zopa.com/>

This e-mail has been sent to you by Zopa Limited.
Registered Office: 1st floor, Cottons Centre, 47-49 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QG.
Company Registration Number 0519759.
Zopa Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority,
and entered on the Financial Services Register under firm registration number 563134.