[LRUG] Code quality 2.5-question survey: the results

Roland Swingler roland.swingler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:09:14 PDT 2016

> Or maybe experience makes you more cautious, more risk-averse, improves
your ability to spot problems early, …?

Don't disagree with any of that.

On the other hand, more experience may make you more tolerant of the work
of others, accepting of the fact that work was done under constraints one
may be unaware of and less likely to label something as 'bad'.

In any case, all I was really suggesting is that I'm not sure you can draw
the conclusion from this data that more experience == more likely to judge
a codebase as bad, if you're also concluding that being labelled as a
senior engineer does not necessarily equate to being experienced.