[LRUG] [JOBS] short-term full-stack RoR dev - could lead to lead dev or CTO role

Matthew Karas m at m.ki
Tue Apr 18 00:23:27 PDT 2017

A client of mine has a vision for a new content subscription platform. He
is highly credible in the UK content industry, and has raised enough
money, based only on the vision and potential partners, to do a bunch of
market research, build an MVP and keep it going for long enough to raise
further money.

I am acting as an advisor. I have recommended that we go with
Ruby-on-Rails, and that we get something running ASAP and iterating fast -
maybe weekly sprints, with just a designer and the stakeholders.

The initial contract would be four to eight weeks. It should be fun, and if
everyone gets on well, and the next tranche of money comes in, then it
could lead to a lead developer or CTO role.

Everyone involved is dedicated to delivering a product which solves the
deep problems associated with monetising online content, and so we're
looking for a developer with real creativity.

I have told my client, that getting someone good might be expensive, but
the reality is that he would need serious persuading to go beyond £500/day

Matthew Karas
https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewkaras