[LRUG] [JOBS] Looking for developers at heart

Igor Carreira igor at getlavanda.com
Tue Dec 19 14:34:53 PST 2017

*Company*
We're a PropTech company combining value-added hospitality services,
data-driven insight and pioneering technology to unlock unique value in
residential property.

More of what we do: https://lavanda.co.uk/

*Team*
We are a team of 7. We're a nice, relaxed bunch, we try to improve
ourselves every day, we value equally code quality and building the things
that deliver the most value to our business. We prototype a lot. Above all,
we strive to be pragmatic developers. We are huge fans of Continuous
Delivery. We have a lot to build, so we need your help doing it!

*Stack*
Ionic 3 apps connected to Rails APIs, with a little bit of Node.js involved
too - we might have more technological diversity as we evolve our
architecture.

*Role*
We're looking for:

   - Clever people who like (and write) clear and simple code
   - Someone who's flexible and works best in a group (rather than on their
   own)
   - Experience with Ruby || ( other of the like && willingness to learn
   Ruby)
   - Someone who would naturally point out the parens ^ are unnecessary but
   accept them because they make the message more intent revealing
   - Someone who learns new languages every now and again and would be
   thrilled about the idea of rewriting an entire codebase in a new language
   they're learning but would advise against it unless it really made sense to
   do so
   - Relevant experience with backend development
   - Good level of Javascript
   - Experience with at least a client-side rendering framework
   - Some experience or familiarity with at least two of the following
   (without googling it):
   - SOA
      - TDD/BDD
      - DDD
   - Good slack citizens
   - People who know their emojis 8-)

The aforementioned characteristics are indicative. Don't be put off if you
feel you wouldn't tick all the boxes.

NB: *In this context, we're **presently **not interested in working with
recruiters/agencies.*