[LRUG] Anonymous Hiring Masterclass

damilola odelola damzcodes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:40:42 PST 2017

Hi LRUG!

I'm Lola and I gave a talk at the last LRUG on things to look for in a
potential job and employer. I'm so glad it was helpful to many of you, if
you haven't watched it, you can do so here: damilolaodelola.com/talks (as
well as listen to the podcast version & view my slides).

On the topic of jobs, blackgirl.tech, the non-profit I run will be hosting
a masterclass on anonymous hiring. The class is aimed at
companies/employers who are serious about working towards a more diverse
team. It will be led by Kate Glazebrook, co-founder of Applied
<https://www.beapplied.com> and principal advisor of Behavioural Insights
<http://www.behaviouralinsights.co.uk>. She has also given classes at
Harvard and spoken on a TED stage. blackgirl.tech is committed to making
the tech industry more diverse and inclusive, not just by teaching black
women how to code, but also by showing employers ways they can improve
their teams and organisations. Tickets for this event cost £50 and can be
bought here: bgtanonmc.eventbrite.com as well as some more information on
the masterclass & Kate.

If you have questions about the event or would like more information on
blackgirl.tech and what we do, feel free to reach out :)

Kindly,

--
Lola Odelola

blackgirl.tech | @blackgirltech <http://www.twitter.com/blackgirltech>