[LRUG] [JOBS] Rails developer at Provenance.org

Ian Kynnersley iankynnersley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 08:23:00 PST 2017

Hi, I'm Ian. I'm the CTO of Provenance.org <https://www.provenance.org>, a
SaaS tool for retailers and product-making businesses.

Every product and business is different, but rarely do consumers have the
information we need to make positive choices about what to buy. Provenance
exists to empower businesses to be transparent.

We're looking for a developer to join us to help everyone to know more and
buy better.

Above all, we’re looking for someone who is excited by what we're doing.
Everyone says it but for a small, purpose-driven company like ours, it's
really true.

We're looking for someone who has worked with Rails commercially for at
least a year. Ideally someone who is also comfortable with Javascript and
interested in working with the blockchain (ethereum). DevOps experience /
interest also valuable.

We're looking for someone collaborative and pragmatic. Someone who is just
as happy hacking something to test an idea as they are crafting a difficult
solution that will provide users with the best possible experience.

We're open to freelance and permanent applicants but we’d like to foster a
long-term relationship so we expect this to become a permanent, in-house
role within a few months. You'll be working closely with me, our designer,
front-end developer and blockchain developer.

The small Provenance team is fairly diverse with more women than men and
several nationalities represented. We are keen to continue this diversity
as we grow. We are based in Kentish Town in North London and, while we
support remote, distributed working we would prefer to find someone who
could spend most of their time with us in the office.

If you’re interested or want to know more, send me an email at
ian at provenance.org.

Thanks,
Ian