[LRUG] [ANN] February meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Jan 23 13:03:01 PST 2017

Hi all,

In February we devote the entire meeting to short talks.  We give eight
speakers no more than 10 minutes each to deliver their talks.  It’s always
a fun meeting and with so many talks there’s something for everyone.  This
year we have:

   - “A way to think about bugs” by Amy Phillips
   - “Doing bad things in Postgres for fun and profit” by Ryan MacGillivray
   - “A (Pointed) Guide to Beer” by Kaitlyn Tierney
   - “Logstash: JRuby and Java at Elastic” by Guy Boertje
   - “Small Steps to Finding Your Dream Job” by Lola Odelola
   - “Base WTF” by Paul Battley
   - “My Live Coding Adventure” by Rosa Fox
   - “Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes: Avoiding mutable state in Ruby and why you might
   want to” by Tom Wey

I hope you agree that this sounds amazing!  More details on the talks are
available at: http://lrug.org/meetings/2017/february/

The meeting is on Monday 13th February from 6:30pm (doors at 6pm) to 8pm.
As usual Skills Matter are hosting us at Code Node (10 South Place, EC2M
2RB).  If you’d like to attend you should:

   1. Check out http://readme.lrug.org/ to make sure you know what to
   expect from LRUG and what LRUG expects from you.
   2. Register with our hosts Skills Matter at
   http://lrug.org/meetings/2017/february/#feb17registration - if you don’t
   register they might not let you in if the venue is busy, and the Feb
   meeting is usually very popular.

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers,

Murray