[LRUG] [JOBS] Freelance Rails developer at New Left Review

Rob Lucas Rob at newleftreview.org
Fri Jan 27 06:10:06 PST 2017

Hi,

New Left Review is looking for a freelance Rails developer to help us rebuild our existing subscriptions management system and website. Candidates will have good, current working knowledge of:

  *   both Ruby and Rails

  *   Test Driven Development

  *   clean, unobtrusive Javascript for Rails

  *   best practices in software design and web development

  *   HTML5 and CSS3

  *   database administration with MySQL or similar

  *   working from the command line in Debian-ish Linux distributions

Ideally you will also have some experience with:

  *   CSS/Javascript/HTML for responsive layouts

  *   user interface design

  *   Adobe Creative Suite

  *   Perl

  *   XML and XSLT

We anticipate a first project taking around 6 weeks and starting soon, with the possibility of establishing a longer term arrangement. Work would initially be from our office in Soho, working in collaboration with an in-house developer. Once the project is up and running there may be scope for working from home.

If you’re interested, please get in touch with me using the details in the signature.

Rob Lucas

New Left Review

6 Meard Street,

London