[LRUG] Want to speak at LRUG?

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Wed Jun 7 08:32:22 PDT 2017

Hey folks!

Just a quick reminder that we always need volunteers to speak at LRUG meetings. That means we need your help!

If you’ve been working on something interesting, or come across a idea or technique that surprised or delighted you, it’s more than likely the rest of LRUG would be interested to. It doesn’t need to be groundbreaking or world-shaking — sometimes the simplest ideas give rise to excellent talks.

LRUG is a super-friendly audience, and speaking at a meeting is also a great way to dip your toes into the conference world, or practice presentational skills. It doesn’t necessarily have to be about Ruby either; we’re a polyglot bunch, so as long as it has potential to be of interest to a Rubyist, we’d love to hear from you.

If you’d like to support LRUG by volunteering to present, get in touch by emailing talks at lrug.org and we’ll take it from there. You can also read a little more about it here: http://readme.lrug.org/#talks

Thanks, and have a great week,

-- James (on behalf of LRUG)