[LRUG] [JOBS] Need an experienced dev on team?

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Thu Jun 15 06:36:13 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since I’ve been along to LRUG! Sadly, the demands of my (now teenage!) kids make it very hard to get to London for an evening. Hope you are all well!

As many of you will know I’m making a pitch into the indie video game scene right now, and am currently running a Kickstarter for a new RPG that I’d like to develop [1]. It’s extremely touch and go at the moment. Normally I supplement my games development with in-house training, but there’s less demand at the moment for this for various reasons.

Therefore I am actively looking for dev contract work in case the Kickstarter doesn’t pan out.

The value I bring to a dev team:

Major development speed bump - I’m fastest in Ruby, Javascript (backend and frontend) and C/C++, but can turn my hand to C#, Java, Python and other languages too. I’m also a dab hand at Unreal Engine 4 should the need arise :-)
Peace of mind that code is written well as well as quickly - I have been using TDD for 13 years and BDD for 9 years.
Gentle advice, encouragement, and skills improvement for newer team members - I have spent most of the last four years teaching, coaching and training BDD, Ruby, Cucumber, TDD and Javascript and have 20 years professional dev experience.
Sounding board for existing leads/CTOs or acting lead/CTO - I have experience in both these positions, and have just spent six months giving technical, HR, team organisation/culture and change management advice to the board of a 50 person SME. I’m also equally happy just to get the code done if this isn’t needed.

More about me here [2].

I prefer remote work but will commute to London. I can currently do up to 4 days a week and will be available within 1-2 weeks (assuming a Kickstarter no go.)

Additionally, if you’d like an internal BDD/TDD/Ruby/Javascript training course, let me know.

I’m not interested in a permanent dev position, but if you’re looking for a CTO then let’s chat.

Thanks
Chris

[1] https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrismdp/ealdorlight?ref=7eorpl <https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrismdp/ealdorlight?ref=7eorpl>
[2] https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisparsons/ <https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisparsons/>