[LRUG] Any words of wisdom please

Mark van Harmelen mark at hedtek.com
Thu Mar 9 03:25:35 PST 2017

Hi Lrug

I'm not a profesional rails dev, but I enjoy hacking when I have time. I've
got a private project on the go, yet another :) wiki [1].

Recently I've done a refactor of some controller and partial code that was
to me a nice cleanup of something rather horrible.

But I have three residual questions that I put in a gist. My past Rails
advisor is now terminally busy after a promotion, so I have no advisor to
ask about these.

If anyone, please, would like to comment on the gist and advise me, I'd be
a very happy bunny. Or reply in this thread if commenting on a gist is not
your thing (? surely not anyone here ?).

https://gist.github.com/urbed/de4a1764ca33f8e4bc432c05b1ba3d58

Thanks
mark

[1] Mediawiki, behind wikipedia, does a fine job for crowdsourcing, why
write another wiki? An attempt to move from crowdsourcing by editing the
body of the page, to crowdsourcing by adding comments. i do have a real use
for this, I know a university with a store room room full of historic
computer artifacts, and the remaining people who know about them may well
comment on a wiki page but would never touch a markup language to edit
page-body text.