[LRUG] Any words of wisdom please

Frederick Cheung frederick.cheung at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 07:32:29 PST 2017

It should also be quite obvious when this happens from your logs.

Somelike like bullet is great for systematically tracking these things down (I think skylight does this too), but in my opinion you should be comfortable enough with the logs produced in development that you can detect this by yourself.

Fred

On 9 March 2017 at 14:33:22, Michael Pavling (pavling at gmail.com) wrote:

On 9 March 2017 at 13:57, Mark van Harmelen <mark at hedtek.com> wrote:
> If anyone else is tempted please, two questions remain, one about future
> optimisations of I think three (N+1) queries I used to generate the page at
> https://markvan.me/categories/Computer
>
> Am I actually doing three (N+1) queries for starters, and are there words I
> can google that might lead me to some improvements, even via caching?

The Bullet gem can help identify N+1 queries, etc:

https://github.com/flyerhzm/bullet