[LRUG] Omniauth for Facebook Login fails unusually...

Alex McLintock alex at owal.co.uk
Wed May 10 04:34:19 PDT 2017

Folks,

Do many people here use Omniauth (+Devise) for Facebook login? Are there
any alternatives?

it seems like it is failing for me in unusual ways. I've been looking at
the issue queue and am thinking it is a clash between users having an
account without Facebook - and a separate account with the Facebook login.

I am also surprised that there isn't more code which makes use of Koala for
storing things like Friends, Likes, and so on.

In case anyone is willing to test it the Facebook login is on most of the
site at

https://app.socialconsumer.co.uk/

It seems like it currently fails for *my* Facebook account, but not for
others.

Alex