[LRUG] [JOBS] Full Stack Ruby/Rails developer at Mystery Applicant

Simon Starr simon at starr.cx
Tue May 16 11:26:27 PDT 2017

Hi LRUG,

We're looking for an experienced Ruby developer to join us at Mystery
Applicant. We provide analytics to help companies measure and improve
the recruitment experience for their candidates and our growing customer
list includes some of the world's largest employers.

While not claiming to do everything perfectly, we take code quality
seriously and try to follow development best practices; with a
comprehensive test suite, all PRs reviewed by at least one other
developer, automated testing and Code Climate integration. The team is
small so everyone gets to have a say, and we encourage professional
development by funding books and learning resources.

As well as the Rails app, we do a lot of work with ETL scripts (under
the expert guidance of Thibaut Barrère
<https://twitter.com/thibaut_barrere>) and a fair bit of AWS wrangling
(CloudFormation, CodePipeline, OpsWorks, etc.) so there's enough going
on to keep the job interesting.

Rather than asking you to answer random technical questions or write
code on a whiteboard, any applicants passing initial screening/interview
will be given a small development project and paid for their time to
work on it.

Our office is in central Bath and you can either work there full time or
work remotely (within the UK) and come in occasionally. We're offering a
salary of £45-60k, depending on experience, and you get to choose the
equipment you need for the job.

There are more details and an application form here:
https://mysteryapplicant.workable.com/jobs/489994

Please consider passing this on to anyone you know who might be interested.

Thanks,
  Simon
--
Simon Starr, CTO