[LRUG] [Jobs] Hiring 3 x Ruby craftspeople

Dan Jacobs dan at caliginous.com
Tue Nov 21 09:31:34 PST 2017

** Please no agencies, i'll find you if I need you **

Hello

It's been a long time since I posted here!

I've recently started as CTO at www.trx.tv, more about us below or online.

I'm looking for Ruby engineers who are very customer / product / data
focussed and see themselves as craftspeople not just developers and
can work in a self-managing team.

I'm hiring seniors engineers to bring the development team in-house
and I have a strong vision about the team operates.

Pay is up to £80k + equity and benefits.  I'll consider contractors in
the short-medium term.

About me - www.danjacobs.com - needs updating, a few people on here
can vouch for working with me.

The details about the company, opportunity and what I'm looking for below:

Thanks,

Dan

-------------

Stack:  Ruby on Rails, Vue.js, AWS

We’re building a disruptive B2B marketplace connecting TV show
distributors with broadcasters around the world.  The business has
been around two years and has raised over £12m with investors
including Sky & Channel 4.  BBC Worldwide come on board in January
joining more than 80 other distributors already live on the platform.

The first version of the platform is live.  Our challenge will be to
create an in-house development team (currently outsourced) get the
codebase into good shape, iterate through the customer feedback loop
and start planning major new features to be released through 2018.

My vision for the team; a self-sufficient self-organising team of 4-5
developers who are into XP practices:

 - All well rounded fall stack developers who care about UX
 - Customer and data driven (you care about product / customer fit)
 - Everyone will be doing dev ops
 - Test driven codebase (so we will be implementing TDD/BDD through
refactoring and for future releases)
 - Aiming for CI / CD
 - Everyone will need to enjoy pairing,
 - Everyone will be driving the agile process
 - Everyone will ensure best practice git flows
 - Consensus on major architecture decisions
 - Everyone will have great communication skills.
 - Every feature should be MVP’d
 - Every feature will be measurable with objectives and KPIs

The business pays well (£60-£80k for senior devs) and there is equity
on offer as well as pension, healthcare etc..

This is a great blend of start-up with where you’re coming in early
enough to make a difference with some of the luxuries of a more
established business.