[LRUG] [JOBS] Roles at mySociety working on the Democratic Commons (remote)

Louise Crow louise.crow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 02:56:33 PST 2017

Hi LRUG,

We're working on a new project that's going to be scaling up over the
course of 2018 - it's called the Democratic Commons
<https://www.mysociety.org/2017/11/22/democratic-commons-open-data-infrastructure-for-democracy/>
- a grand vision where political data is open to all, for the benefit of
all. We're going to be building an open, sustainable data infrastructure
for political data on a global scale.

We've got some interesting ruby roles to fill to help us get there.

Data Pipeline Developer <https://mysociety.workable.com/jobs/613927> - an
experienced developer role, working with our team to build and maintain a
large-scale distributed architecture for sourcing and updating basic
political information

Data Analyst <https://mysociety.workable.com/jobs/613930> - a role for a
less experienced rubyist, writing scrapers and SPARQL wikidata queries to
assemble and analyse the dataset

GIS Developer <https://mysociety.workable.com/jobs/613925> - using ruby and
GIS tools to assess, improve and transform political boundary data

If you're interested, you can find out more from the role-specific links,
or do please email me if you have questions.

*About mySociety*

Since 2003 mySociety have built and grown a series of democratic and civic
websites and apps, including FixMyStreet.com <http://www.FixMyStreet.com>,
WhatDoTheyKnow.com <http://www.WhatDoTheyKnow.com>, WriteToThem.com
<http://www.WriteToThem.com> and TheyWorkForYou.com
<http://www.TheyWorkForYou.com> which are used by more than 10 million
people each year. Whilst we continue to run our sites in the UK, we also
help groups in over 40 other countries to establish and make a success of
their own, similar sites.

We're fully remote and collaborate via Slack, Google Hangouts, and Github.

Cheers

Louise
--
Head of Development