[LRUG] [JOBS] MUBI :: London :: Front-end and Back-end Software Engineers

Federico Keen federicokeen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 04:30:17 PDT 2017

MUBI is hiring software engineers to grow our London team. We are a SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand)  company with a focus on bringing the best films to our customers around the globe. What sets us apart is true editorial credibility in the film world, and a strategy building social traction with a cinephile audience before putting Studio content deals in place.

The product is a streaming service and social network currently available on the web, iOS, tvOS, Android mobile and Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, PlayStation, Samsung Smart TVs, and several TV's and set top boxes. It is built primarily of Ruby, Rails (5), React & Redux and the usual client-side VoD frameworks. We have developed our own custom-built CDN tuned to deliver a better QoS than off-the-shelf vendors can provide.

We're looking for two people to join our product team. Ostensibly we're hoping for one front-end and one back-end developer, but you will have significant opportunity to define your own position and work on any area of our technology where you can add value. You'll also play a significant role in defining the architecture of our application as we scale.

Strong ruby, rails, javascript, react and redux skills are ideal, though this can be substituted by strong web and backend development skills in similar languages and architectures. VoD and client-side video app development are also a bonus, but not required.

We may consider remote work for the right person, but ideally you'll be able to work with us in our London office. Your salary will be above market rate, depending on experience; if you're the right candidate, we will make sure you are remunerated well.

If you are interested, please contact me directly (fkeen at mubi.com). Please, no recruiters.

Apologies if you already received this; for most people the original email was marked as spam

Federico Keen
fkeen at mubi.com <mailto:fkeen at mubi.com>
MUBI
mubi.com <http://mubi.com/>