[LRUG] [JOBS] Software Engineer - Application Scalability at Shopify

Kir Shatrov razor.psp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 03:00:13 PDT 2018

Hey all,

My name is Kir, I'm an engineer on the Application Scalability team at
Shopify. My team is responsible for scaling Shopify across multiple
datacenters and regions, and designing the infrastructure that can handle
100K RPS in a peak load on during Black Friday sales on our platform. Our
motto is to "make scale invisible for developers". The team works within
the SRE department at Shopify.

If you feel excited about designing distributed web services at scale,
writing tools to orchestrate hundreds of database shards within a single
Rails application, improving database connection management in ActiveRecord
to make it more resilient to outages, - and all of that within Ruby and
Rails, this could be a role for you.

Full job description:
https://www.shopify.com/careers/production-engineering-service-patterns-fe9022

This is a full time job with equity and benefits provided.

We're open for remote work, as well as to help candidates with relocation
to Canada where the HQ is. I'm based in London and the rest of the team is
remote and distributed across North America and Europe.

Please contact me directly if you're interested!

Regards,
Kir