[LRUG] [JOBS] RemoteLock.com is hiring a Senior Rails/Full-stack Engineer (remote friendly)

Rafael Sales rafaelcds at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:13:44 PDT 2018

> Hi everyone,

> We're looking for a Senior Engineer that is *expert-level in Ruby*.
Please see JD below and
find email to apply in the end of this email
:

> Are you an experienced full-stack engineer who loves elegant code and
clean architecture?  Are you fluent with Ruby, Rails, JavaScript, and take
great care in the design and maintainability of server-side API’s?
RemoteLock™ is looking for a talented full-stack engineer to help us grow
our enterprise-class product line of IoT access control devices and web &
mobile software.

A Day in the Life
Upon learning about our RemoteLock™ door security products and
management/reporting software, you will utilize these skills to implement
customer facing features as well as integrate third party services and
hardware.

Here are some specifics on exactly what your days might look like:

   - Execute and own an individual feature end-to-end (e.g. from
   distributed service to React)

   - Collaborate with the product manager on requirements gathering and
   task breakdown

   - Lead the discovery of a potential integration with a third party
   service or device

If you meet the following requirements, we definitely want to hear from you:

   - 5+ years work experience in software development with an ability to
   demonstrate the following traits and characteristics:

   - Expert with Ruby & Rails

   - Familiarity with at least one JavaScript framework (e.g. React &
   Redux, Angular, Ember, Backbone)

   - Strong experience with an SQL RDBMS and proper database design

   - Ability to write unit and integration tests for automated regression
   testing purposes

   - Strong experience developing and supporting scalable, highly-available
   backend services

   - Strong source code management experience, especially with Git

   - Ability to deal with multiple projects/deadlines and manage shifting
   priorities

   - Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to
   detail

   - Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)

   - High coding standards: Adherence to common idioms and best practices
   of the tech stack

   - Ability to learn new concepts and technologies on an independent basis

Bonus points for experience with:

   - IoT/embedded devices

   - React

   - GraphQL

   - gRPC

   - React Native/Mobile development

   - Amazon Web Services

   - Microservice Architecture

   - DevOps experience

About RemoteLock™
RemoteLock™, a LockState company, is headquartered in Denver, Colorado and
provides a cloud-enabled platform for smart locks allowing users to manage
any type of internet-enabled lock from a single centralized dashboard.
RemoteLock™
develops commercial-grade WiFi and hardwired door locks and related
software solving the problems for property managers and owners who need to
control access for their guests, renters and service staff. Our solutions
eliminate the issues of remotely managing property access: the expense and
hassle of key exchanges, the disruption of early check-ins and overstays,
and the security risks of unauthorized access. Our clients have remote
control of their buildings, rooms, and rental properties, enabling them to
securely manage and monitor all property access from their smartphone or
internet browser.

RemoteLock™ attracts and retains only top-notch employees – we recruit for
high talent, low egos.  We offer a competitive compensation package
including salary, equity, bonus, medical/dental/vision, 401(k),
PTO/Flextime, quarterly celebration events, stocked kitchen, dog friendly
office, RTD EcoPass & remote work options.   We recently relocated to a
trendy new office warehouse at the Evans Light Rail station in Denver and
closed $5.8MM in a Series A funding round this past May.

APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
techjobs at remotelock.com

*https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/remotelock-senior-full-stack-engineer
<https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/remotelock-senior-full-stack-engineer>*