[LRUG] [JOBS] Domino Recording Co are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer

Jason Reed jasonreed3 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:06:59 PDT 2018

Hello LRUG!

We're looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to work with us on a project at
Domino, one of the world's leading independent record labels.

This is a unique opportunity to work on a concise and well-maintained
codebase that is solving real-world problems inside the music industry.
This is a contract role: ideally working on a full-time basis for a 10-week
duration (although we're happy to discuss flexibility on this), including
some days at our office in Wandsworth Town, South West London.

The job will involve further development on our existing content management
web application, currently used across the record label, publishing company
and Neighbouring Rights teams.

You will:

- Build out capability and functionality for internal departments including
updates to: the data fields, structures and relationships, import/export
tools, and the user interface.

- Work directly with internal stakeholders who will be using the product
day-to-day, in order to ensure that your work meets their business
requirements, and delivers improvements and efficiencies to their own
working practices.

As an internal production tool, many of the challenges and demands involved
in maintaining a public-facing application are avoided. Instead, the focus
is on engineering practical and efficient ways to handle and process the
data that underpins many of our departments’ daily workflows.

We'd like to hear from you if you have:

- Experience and fluency with building and maintaining applications using
Ruby 2.1, Rails 4.2 and MySQL 5.6.

- Familiarity with common libraries and gems. You will be expected to use
Active Record and object-oriented design to build precise, re-useable CRUD
database code, as well as Formtastic and HAML to develop the front-end
interface.

- The ability to design and fine-tune relational databases. Comfortable
with data manipulation, import/export and cleaning of data sets large and
small.

- Coding skills that produce accurate, precise and reusable code, backed up
with a good working familiarity of GitHub.

- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, with an ability to
effectively understand and act upon user requirements and feedback.

- Enthusiasm and interest in record label / wider music industry operations
is a bonus!

About Domino Recording Co.:

Domino Recording Co. is one of the world's leading independent record
labels, with offices worldwide. We have a musical catalogue stretching back
25 years that we are immensely proud of. Artists we've worked with include
Arctic Monkeys, Animal Collective, The Kills, Four Tet, Hot Chip, Pavement
and Franz Ferdinand.

Interested?

If you are interested in joining us for this project, please email
dominodev at dominorecordco.com outlining your experience, a recent project
you’ve worked on and why you’re interested in this role.

Thanks for reading,

- Jason Reed
Head of Digital, Domino Recording Co.