[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby on Rails Developer Vacancy

Mike Iurchenko mike at wonderbuilds.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 05:29:40 PST 2018

Hours: Flexible, from 20 hours per week up to full time

Salary: £25 to £40 per hour (depending on experience)

Contract Type: Permanent (or negotiable)

Location: North London (Staples Corner)

Probation Period: 3 months

Start date: ASAP

This is a unique opportunity to take a leading role in a high growth
potential venture within an established business. Despite the current stage
of the job, it is expected to transform into a managerial position in due
course.

Our company is an established distributor of construction materials already
servicing hundreds of retailers across the UK. Using outsourced developers
we created our own e-commerce platform on Ruby on Rails. To turn it into a
successful business we require an experienced Ruby Developer. We are looking
for a committed and self-motivated person to join our dynamic team.

Responsibilities for the role include:

*	Fill the existing e-commerce platform with content (our products on
offer)
*	Ensure that UI is up to standard
*	Test the website for errors
*	Ensure that the platform is ready for launch (no issues with
hosting, payments API, etc)
*	Launch the platform
*	Provide post-launch support and troubleshooting
*	Perform SEO and establish initial SMM setup for the project

The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:

*        You should have experience building production-ready applications.
This means you can write readable, maintainable, extendable and well-tested
code. Ideally, you’re used to working in an agile environment; you can
estimate work and help others to do the same.

*        You should be a World class communicator. You can clearly explain
your decision making to a technical and non-technical audience. Our admin
team are eager to learn and appreciate clear, concise recommendations on how
to approach a problem too.

*        We would consider it a bonus if you have worked in a startup
before. At this early stage of our e-commerce project, we all wear multiple
hats and would expect you to do the same.

*        In addition, if you have experience internationalising a product,
have an eye for design and frontend execution or if you have experience
scaling systems, these would also be valuable to us.

To apply for this position, please send us your CV and a covering letter
detailing how you meet the requirements of the position, Person
Specification and any further information you feel will strengthen your
application.

Kind regards,

Mike Iurchenko

Director

WonderBuilds

Unit  <x-apple-data-detectors://6> 3, Streakes Field Road

Staples Corner,  <x-apple-data-detectors://7> London, NW2 7GD

work:  <tel:%2B44%C2%A0208%20208%202121> +44 208 208 2121

mobile:  <tel:%2B44%2075860%2040%20100> +44 75860 40 100

 <mailto:mike at wonderbuilds.co.uk> mike at wonderbuilds.co.uk

 <http://www.wonderbuilds.co.uk/> www.wonderbuilds.co.uk

---