[LRUG] Multi page form design gem for Rails?

Stuart Harrison pezholio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 01:17:43 PST 2018

Hey LRUG

I’m about to embark on a project which has a couple of multi page branched
forms, and, as it’s a common problem, I’m wondering if something exists
that allows me to design a form either via a DSL or YAML, rather than
having to reinvent the wheel each time. I used Surveyor
<https://github.com/NUBIC/surveyor> a few years ago, which kinda worked for
me, but it did cause some pretty major headaches too, and now seems to be
largely abandoned. I like the look of Wicked
<https://github.com/schneems/wicked>, which gets me part of the way there,
but I don’t get that DSL-y way of designing the form and not having to
worry about building the individual form parts in a view. Is there anything
out there that supports this? Or are there any patterns that anyone else
uses that would help this?

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Stu