[LRUG] [JOBS] Junior Rails developer position on a small team in London

Marcus Roberts M.Roberts at NITTYGRITTY.NET
Fri Jan 26 03:10:26 PST 2018

Hi LRUGers.

We are nittygritty, a small, 25 person company who provide IT support to clients mainly based in the building architecture and engineering industries.

We have a small in-house software development team that build and run our own SaaS products and mobile apps, and also work on bespoke projects for our clients.

We started with Rails back before it was a 1.0 release, and our BigFilebox product was our first Rails product that we released in 2006 and is still running strong today.  These days our core technology stack is Ruby and Rails, with React for the front end and React Native for mobile.  We're moving from Javascript to ReasonML as our front end language of choice.   We aren't fixed on one technology though, instead we want to use the most appropriate tech for the project so have built things using Elm, Typescript, C#, Objective C and Java over the years. The team are encouraged to keep up to date with technologies, having gone to conferences such as React London, React Europe and Elm Europe last year.

We're looking for a junior software developer to join our team.  Raw programming ability is more important than experience.  As long as you can code, we will teach you Rails, our Git based source control, testing and the dev-ops skills you need to deploy your code to production.    Ideally you will have a degree in Computer Science or a related subject, can demonstrate an ability to code in more than one language, and want to join a small team where you will need to learn a lot, quickly.

We're based in Clerkenwell, London,  and combine working together in the office with working from home and co-working spaces as suits.   We offer a  relaxed working environment and the opportunity to work on a variety of types of projects.

If the role sounds of interest please send me an email with a brief introduction and I can tell you more about the role, salary etc.    No agencies please.

Marcus Roberts | nittygritty.net<http://nittygritty.net/> ltd

[1465922016434_NG_logo.png]

Unit 5.13, Clerkenwell Workshops

27-31 Clerkenwell Close,

London EC1R 0AT

t +44  207 566 3978

[1466490266834_image002.png] [1466490274893_image003.png]

NOTE: The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s) only.  It may also be privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the safety and content of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability is accepted for any consequences arising from it..

Company Reg. No. 4947163. VAT Reg No.835358804.