[LRUG] [JOBS] Campaign Technologist / Ruby Developer / Support & Testing Engineer

Denny de la Haye denny.d at 38degrees.org.uk
Thu Jun 21 05:34:36 PDT 2018

Hi all,

38 Degrees is a UK political campaigning organisation.  You may have
received an email or two from us over the years.  :)

Our tech team currently consists of four people (plus our tech director).
We now want to hire three more people, two for new roles and one to replace
a member of the team who is moving on to a new role at Buffer next month.

Our tech stack is mostly Ruby (Rails & Padrino), Postgres & Redshift,
Heroku, and AWS (RDS, SES, S3, etc).  We work collaboratively with
organisations like ours around the world - MoveOn, GetUp, LeadNow, etc.

Our main office is in central London, and we also have an office in
Edinburgh.  We're happy for you to work in either or split your time
between both.  We do have flexitime and some working from home is okay, but
these are not remote roles - you will be expected to be in the office most
days.

Our pay is not terrible but we're probably not going to compete with
commercial salaries; we are a not-for-profit funded entirely by member
donations.  These roles offer between 35k and 60k depending on skills,
experience, and suitability.  You need to care about politics as well as
money.  :)

Although the organisation as a whole has more women than men (particularly
in senior roles), our tech team is currently 3/4 male and white, and is
about to become uniformly so.  I would really, really like to rebalance
that situation.  As it says at the top of the jobs page, "We actively
encourage applications from people with a variety of backgrounds,
experience and perspectives. We particularly welcome applications from
sections of the community which are currently under represented at 38
Degrees."

Job descriptions are here: https://home.38degrees.org.uk/about/jobs/

Please do email me with any questions, or with your CVs...  :)

Regards,
Denny

PS: I would prefer not to hear from recruiters at this stage, thank you.

--

Denny de la Haye

Lead Software Engineer, 38 Degrees
denny.d at 38degrees.org.uk