[LRUG] [ANN] July meeting details

Tom Stuart tom.stuart at lrug.org
Fri Jun 29 03:25:14 PDT 2018

Hi folks,

Our next meeting is on Monday 9th July at Code Node, Skills Matter’s venue between Moorgate and Liverpool Street stations. Doors open at 6pm, talks start at 6:30pm, and we’ll be all finished by 8pm.

We have three fantastic talks lined up for you:

* “Write better tests with property based testing” by Suzanne Hamilton
* “CSS Shapes: upgrade your page layouts” by Nicky Thompson
* “As You Like It - if Shakespeare had written Functions as a Service” by Ewan Slater

You can find out more about all of these on http://lrug.org/meetings/2018/july/.

This month we also have to thank thoughtbot for being nice enough to provide us with some pizza and drinks at the meeting. Thank you thoughtbot!

Food (including veggie, vegan & gluten free options), soft drinks and alcoholic drinks will be available in the Skills Matter downstairs area before the meeting. If I were you I’d try to arrive at Code Node before 6:30pm to increase the chances that you get plenty of choice, or indeed anything at all.

If you’d like to attend, please do these things:

1. Read http://readme.lrug.org to familiarise yourself with our code of conduct so you know how we expect you to behave, and how you should get in touch with us if someone else doesn’t.
2. Register with Skills Matter to secure a place: https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/11180-lrug-july. Registering makes sure we get the best room for the number of attendees, so please do register early if you can.

Cheers,

Tom & the LRUG organisers