[LRUG] [ANN] April meeting details (including a slot that needs filled)

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Wed Mar 21 16:45:07 PDT 2018

Hi everyone!

Our April meeting will be on Monday 9th April, hosted at Code Node by
Skills Matter.  Doors open at 6pm, talks start at 6:30pm and we aim to be
done with the talks by 8pm.  After that you can hangout in the bar in Code
Node, or head to The Singer Tavern.

The talks are:

* “You’re doing documentation wrong (and so am I)” by Scott Matthewman
* “Sliding Puzzles” by Chris Patuzzo
* “A talk” by You?

Yes, that’s right, one of the slots is still unfilled!  We’re in one of
those situations where it looks like our May meeting is more than full, but
we’re struggling to fill the April one.  If you can help us out please do
get in touch at talks at lrug.org.  We have 25 minutes to fill, so that’s one
25 minute talk, or a couple of 10 minute ones.

Perhaps you’ll be inspired by the talks at Bath Ruby and will want to
submit your own, or having whet your appetite for speaking with a 5 minute
lightning talk at Bath Ruby you’re now ready to go on for a bit longer.  Or
maybe you’ve been mulling something over for a while now and this is your
chance to finally talk it out in public.  Whatever it is, LRUG would love
to have you.

You can read about those talks, and the meeting in general at
http://lrug.org/meetings/2018/april/

If you’d like to attend you must:

1. Familiarise yourself with http://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct so you
know how we expect you to behave, and what you can do if you feel that
someone isn’t.
2. Register with our hosts at https://skillsmatter.com/
meetups/10795-london-ruby-user-group-april - chances are you’ll still get
in if you don’t register, but we’ll likely be in a smaller room and you’ll
have to stand.  Registering early means we have a better chance of a bigger
room with more seats.

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers,

Murray