[LRUG] [JOBS] CharlieHR are hiring mid-level and senior Ruby devs

Alex Balhatchet alex at balhatchet.net
Tue Nov 27 04:31:09 PST 2018

Hey folks,

I'm Alex Balhatchet, Head of Engineering at CharlieHR (
https://www.charliehr.com) :)

We're looking to hire *at least two* mid-or-senior Ruby developers to grow
our team and to support multiple cross-functional product teams going into
2019.

We're a successful 3 year old startup based near Old Street roundabout. Our
product helps thousands of small businesses to run, build and change the
world. Our customers love us, and our product is constantly evolving to
better support their needs. When we started we supported employee records
and time off, and since then we've added onbording, checklists, reports,
polls, performance reviews, and employee perks.

We build on the latest Ruby and the latest Rails (currently 2.5.3 and
5.2.1), with a Postgres database, lots of Sidekiq workers, all hosted on
Heroku. You will work with fantastic product and product managers, and we
have a flexible design system which means building new frontend features in
a way that fits consistently with the rest of the product is a breeze.

Why else work at Charlie?

   - Cross functional teams with clear objectives and key results
   - Learn from senior developers, teach and mentor junior developers
   - HR is a surprisingly interesting and difficult domain - lots of fun
   challenges
   - Great company culture based on feedback and respect - be prepared to
   learn and grow
   - Be involved in hiring the next batch of Charlie developers
   - Annual £500 learning & development budget to spend how you wish on
   your own skills
   - Great location right by Old Street tube, comfortable offices with
   plenty of light.
   - Equity package

*We're committed to an open culture and non-discriminatory hiring <3 *

What we'd like from a candidate:

   -  Something like 3 years of web dev experience for mid, 5 years for
   senior
   -  Good Ruby and (ideally) Rails
   -  Deep understanding of web development best practices

Email me at alex at charliehr.com if you want to know more :)

If you've heard enough and want to apply you can do so through Workable
here:

   - Mid-Level Software Developer
   <https://charliehr.workable.com/j/2F9BE9D861>
   - Senior Software Developer <https://charliehr.workable.com/j/7F229C6EB1>