[LRUG] [ANN] November meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Thu Oct 25 08:57:03 PDT 2018

Hi all,

November is fast approaching, which means our November meeting isn’t far
away either.  It’s on Monday 12th, and will run from 6:30pm to 8pm.  The
venue, Code Node
https://skillsmatter.com/locations/264-skills-matter-codenode, is provided
by our hosts Skills Matter, and you can get access to it on the night from
6pm onwards.

Why might you want to be early?  Well, only because Github are buying us
some Pizza.  Thanks GitHub!  If you have dietary requirements we should
have you covered as we’ve asked to make sure there will be vegetarian,
vegan and gluten-free options.

If the prospect of free pizza (and maybe some octocat stickers, but I’m
promising nothing) isn’t enough we’ll also have three great talks for you.
In no particular order they are:

* “Open Banking - From Scraping to APIs” by Toby Pinder
* “Ruby HomeKit” by Karl Entwistle
* “Most valuable employee traits from a business owner perspective” by
Piotr Nowak

There’s a little blurb about each talk, and more details on the meeting in
general over at http://lrug.org/meetings/2018/november/ - please do go have
a read.

If you can’t wait though the important bits are:

1. The time and date I gave above: Monday 12th November, 6pm for 6:30pm
until 8pm
2. Github are buying pizza for you to eat.
3. There will be three talks.  I mentioned them above.
4. You should read our code of conduct on our README
http://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct to get an understanding of
acceptable behaviour, and how to get in touch if you see something that’s
not.
5. You need to register with our hosts Skills Matter or they won’t let you
in.  You can do so at
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/11303-lrug-london-ruby-user-group

Note that Skills Matter are running a new registration system that emails
you a code which you need to provide when you turn up.  Make sure you keep
that email safe or someone else will get your badge (and seat (and pizza
(and knowledge gained from the talks))).

See you all in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Murray