[LRUG] [JOBS] Clojure jobs!

Matthew Karas m at m.ki
Fri Oct 12 05:48:21 PDT 2018

I've been told that there are significant numbers of Rubyists who do
Clojure. I might well have been misled, so apologies if this post is out of
place.

>From my blissfully ignorant, conceptual-building-block understanding of the
world, I choose to make sense of this, by thinking that the two languages
have some mutually exclusive benefits, and are both extremely good at what
they do well.

Anyhow, a client of mine is looking to hire three Clojure developers, and
we are not getting enough candidates.

These are permanent roles, including a lead developer, but the management
team accept that they might have to fill the positions with contractors
while building the team up.

The product is a content production and publishing system for financial
analysis reports, and includes some clever NLP features, to help with some
of the laborious tasks involved in wading through research. However, these
features currently sit in a bunch of modules created completely outside the
Clojure development, though this might change as we iterate.

Knowledge of Clojurescript, C#, Python, Node.js, NLP would also be useful.

The company is based in the City in a shared office space, but is about to
acquire its own offices, somewhere in Central London.

Here's the ad we put on the London Clojurians Jobs board:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/london-clojurian-jobs/fwUjn4a9Kgg