[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior developer, available part-time

Alex Heaton alex at heaton.me
Sun Sep 30 11:35:19 PDT 2018

Hi LRUG,

I’ve recently started a new role that is part time until their seed round
closes. For the next 2-3 months I have about 10 hours a week available.

I’m an experienced Ruby & JS developer (some Elixir & Clojure too), with a
strong history in small business and startups. I especially like helping
founders build/test/launch their first products, or helping those early
teams mature their codebase as they grow.

You can read more at https://www.linkedin.com/in/heeton/, including some
nice testimonials, but my last three major roles were:

* Head of Software for Beano Studios. Hiring, mentoring, strategy,
architecture, development.

* Running my own startup, Shaken.com. I built all tech and product from the
ground-up (billing, retention, inventory management, etc), grew and led a
product team over 2 years. I designed physical products that we got stocked
in Selfridges, Fortnum & Mason.

* Senior dev at Grouper (a YCombinator company) helping them mature their
"v1" rails application into something that could deal with the massive
volumes and complexity they were experiencing after scaling their product
worldwide.

You might have seen my talk "Strong opinions, loosely held” at LRUG earlier
in the year.

I'm happy to be flexible with role and rates as this is fitting around my
main job; I could help with anything from technical or product strategy, to
software development, to daily code reviews and oversight.

~Alex