[LRUG] HBS is closing for business

Najaf Ali ali at happybearsoftware.com
Tue Sep 4 16:19:44 PDT 2018

Hi again LRUG,

Thank you for all the words of support and encouragement. I'm afraid there
are too many emails for me to respond to individually and also get through
the week, so I'll try to address some common things in your responses:

* If you asked for someone by name then I forwarded your email to that
person or people, otherwise I forwarded your email to everyone in the team.
There were so many that it was impractical for me to set up email intros
for each one.They'll be in touch individually.
* I'm doing OK, thanks for asking! I made the decision and announced it to
the team over a week ago, so we've had a bit of time to process it.
* I'm probably going to try freelancing/consulting for startups and people
with tech teams, but nothing is set in stone yet. I have begun drafting a CV
<https://gist.github.com/Najaf/63ffd89a545390b8eb84db198263e0fa>/Covering
letter <https://gist.github.com/Najaf/d2759c7512c783fa22244ce8eae50a68> but
still a WIP.
* Given the circumstances, I think trying to help my team land on their
feet is the absolute least I could do, so again, any help in making that
happen is greatly appreciated.
* Japan is treating me brilliantly!
* Yes, we really did work remotely, all day every day.
* People who are not tax-resident in the UK were employed as freelancers.
* I'm considering the multiple suggestions to write a book about running
Happy Bear Software, but unlikely TBH, for legal reasons more than anything
else!

Thanks again everyone, I'm feeling a lot better about the teams prospects
after the response I've got from you all.

All the best,