[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior Ruby Developer wanted @ The Goat Agency, London (Moorgate) EC2 - £50-60k

Dev Team dev at goatagency.com
Tue Apr 16 02:00:25 PDT 2019

HI All,

The Goat Agency are the global leading influencer marketing agency. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world and we’re looking for a senior ruby developer with dev-ops experience. We are looking for someone with a wealth of Ruby/Rails knowledge and experience building stable, efficient and optimised restful API’s. Your work will be a key component in driving our business to the next level and you will also be responsible for innovating this space as the first movers.

We have a fantastic culture with a collaborative environment where everyone pitches in and has the chance to excel.

Your responsibilities will include:
As a senior backend developer, we are looking for you to drive the team forward in a smart and efficient manner. The opportunity is there for someone to help grow the team, establish and maintain strong design principles and propose new solutions that make a difference.

The skills you'll need:
- Ruby/Rails…. Obviously
- PostgreSQL
- Strong Dev-Ops experience
- Efficient database queries for large data sets
- Security and GDPR (Nice to have)
- AWS/Heroku (Nice to have)
- Understanding of React (Nice to have)

Any experience with large data handling, CRM systems or Influencer Marketing Platforms would also be beneficial. This is a greenfield project so it’s an excellent opportunity to apply best practices from the start and create a solid foundation for the future growth of the company and application. No legacy code, no old frameworks, just the latest Ruby/Rails and most up to date JS and React versions  👍

You'll also need:
- Hands on experience migrating databases and creating robust Ruby environments.
- Creative ideas with a strong problem solving mindset and the ability to challenge conventional ways of thinking and working
- A collaborative ethos and an understanding of the value of objective and constructive criticism in developing solutions
- The ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders across the business

You'll be comfortable working autonomously and you'll be able to make smart decisions with the information at hand.

Company Culture and Benefits:
Team lunches and Friday office drinks
Fun vibrant office environment

If you would like to apply for this role, please reply to this email Nico Cary : dev at goatagency.com <mailto:dev at goatagency.com> with your CV.

The interview process will be a phone call, a face to face and then an offer if successful.

Ref: Goat Ruby Senior Developer

--

Nico Cary
Technical Director